Favourite Quotation




What is the new Birth then?... It is the revelation of Jesus Christ personally to you… Not you joined a church, you shook a hand… you promised to live by a code of rules. But Christ, the Bible, He is the Word that was revealed to you. And no matter what anybody says, what takes place… It's Christ in you. That is the revelation that the Church was built upon.

William Branham; Christ Is The Mystery Of God Revealed 1963

Friday, November 26, 2010

THE VALLEY

 

Down in the valley the cloud settles in
Till the sun can no longer be seen
And obscures the path to where I must go
And the places I’ve already been

Was I really so happy just a short time ago
Up on glorious mountains so high
But now howling gales are assaulting my mind
And I hold back the tears that I’d cry

I search through my mind and my heart as I try
To find what could’ve gone wrong
So I can get back the joy and the peace by and by
And feel that I really belong

On the mountain there’s friends you can sit by and sing
But the valley alone I must walk
And trust that the Shepherd guiding me on
For to Him alone can I talk.

And in talking to Him there’s one thing that I find
I caused me to be in this place
For regardless the things others dumped on my mind
I should be farther ahead in this race.

I should rise up above all the critics can fling
As an eagle that soars in the air
And as in the dark the Nightingale sings
I should have joy and peace not despair.

So I find that I pray Lord save me from me
And help me to be what I should
For without You, to change is futility
But You know if I could that I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment