Favourite Quotation




What is the new Birth then?... It is the revelation of Jesus Christ personally to you… Not you joined a church, you shook a hand… you promised to live by a code of rules. But Christ, the Bible, He is the Word that was revealed to you. And no matter what anybody says, what takes place… It's Christ in you. That is the revelation that the Church was built upon.

William Branham; Christ Is The Mystery Of God Revealed 1963

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I HEAR A SOUND OF BUMPING



Amidst the shouts confused with talk
I hear a noise that’s bumping,
And curiously the sounds all fade
But for wood on rock that’s thumping

I glimpse a ragged figure now
That’s burdened with a load
And even now He stumbles
Falls headfirst to the road

Deaf to every other sound
I hear a groan escape His lips
He’s prodded roughly with a spear
With blood now on it’s tip

Unsteadily He stands again
And I see great spots of blood
Merging into one great stain
As drips become a flood

Though surrounded with such hatred
I can only see
The love and pain that’s in His eyes
As he pays the price for me

Bloody footprints leave a trail
Of love upon the dusty way
Pain that I could never bear
And a price I could not pay

The bumping sound is slower now
As the road gets quickly steeper
Though weary, love compels
Though pain; His love is deeper

I hear a sound of thumping
And see the hammer strike the nail
His success in contradiction
Because I could only fail

As a lamb that’s hacked to death
It seems I hear a bleating
Then silence: but for love
In my heart that’s loudly beating




No comments:

Post a Comment