Favourite Quotation




What is the new Birth then?... It is the revelation of Jesus Christ personally to you… Not you joined a church, you shook a hand… you promised to live by a code of rules. But Christ, the Bible, He is the Word that was revealed to you. And no matter what anybody says, what takes place… It's Christ in you. That is the revelation that the Church was built upon.

William Branham; Christ Is The Mystery Of God Revealed 1963

Thursday, January 6, 2011

IN LOVING MEMORY

I grieve the loss of a loving friend; there’s sadness in my heart
And like all death it took its toll, and from me stole a part.
I wander to the telephone, then remember I can’t ring
I treasure memories in her house, of the songs we used to sing.

I long to sit with pen and write, open up my heart
To see her and embrace her, how it hurts to be apart.
Past are the times of tenderness, of the warmth and loving care
There’s a part of me that’s empty now; there’s sorrow that I bear.

Within the boundaries of my faults, I gave better than my best
I laboured well and gave my all, but now in death this rests.
Maybe it’s old fashioned, but I try to be committed
I’d do all I could to help a friend, say sorry when conflicted.

I have my ups and downs, but a deep love for my friends
Courses strongly through my heart, but in death my heart it rends.
It actually wouldn’t be so bad, if in glory they were waiting
But no, this death has come, in a letter laced with hating.

The grave is where I kneel; the flowers are my prayers
The pile of dirt: unchristian words; I wash them with my tears.
Harder than a fort with bars, to retrieve a friend offended
How can this be in Christ, to see a friendship ended?

Threatened with Jehovah’s wrath, though my heart is filled with love
But I pray that this same Jesus, will brood softly like the dove.
Love can resurrect the dead, love can still the storm
Love gives eyesight to the blind, and a cold heart love can warm.


In the Old Testament Christ the same, Christ the same in the New Testament, and Christ, the same, forevermore... Then if we can see what He was, then what He had been, and what He will be, then we've got it. Is that right?
Moses said, now, "He'll be like me, a Prophet like unto me." Then when He come, what Christ that was, He had to be what He... Then He had to be what He was before then. So now, let's start from right there, and then we'll see what He will be forever. That's the only way to make it.
Same yesterday, now here was, we find the Hebrew writer Paul, saying, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday," speaking to the Hebrews. And we all know that Jehovah of the Old Testament was Jesus of the New, and it's the Holy Spirit of today. It's just the same God just manifested in three different offices. And so, the same God... And all that God was, He poured into Christ, all Christ was He poured into the Church. So, see, you can find quickly what He is, "The same yesterday, today, and forever."
William Branham, We Would See Jesus, 62-07-04

No comments:

Post a Comment